Sorting and view mode

Stoneware flask with painted cupid design by Emile Lessore - c.1860

Stoneware flask with painted cupid design by Emile Lessore, © Wedgwood Museum
    Stoneware flask with painted cupid design by Emile Lessore
    © Wedgwood Museum

Flask with painted cupid design. Stoneware. Emile Lessore c.1860

Flask with painted cupid design. Stoneware. Emile Lessore c.1860

  • Type of object: Ornamental ware/flask
  • Mark: EL
    (monogram)
    [Painted]
  • Year produced: c.1860
  • Body: stoneware
  • Decoration: hand-painted
  • Accession number: 3910

Other images

Related people

  • Emile Lessore

    Emile Lessore (1804 - 1875)

    Emile Lessore studied painting in the studio of Ingres and exhibited regularly in the Paris salons for 38 years, winning his first medal in 1831. Lessore initially worked at the Sèvres porcelain factory before moving to Minton. In 1860 Lessore joined Wedgwood where he gained a greater reputation. His work is frequently signed. His work for Wedgwood was exhibited at the London International Exhibition of 1862 and the Paris Exposition Universelle of 1867, and the Vienna Exhibition of 1873. In 1862 Lessore had made an agreement with Wedgwood to return to France where he settled at Marlotte but he continued to work for the company.